Protect your store from inventory loss and employee theft
Whether you manage a single retail store, a multi-site retail franchise, or a nation-wide retail chain, you need your video surveillance system to provide value well beyond the basic benefits of security, loss prevention, and risk management.
Today's retail business managers need tools specifically designed to empower their security, marketing and operational teams with information to effectively grow and protect the company's bottom line.
S2M Solutions commercial surveillance systems and retail security solutions provide intelligent visual integration with existing retail systems to solve long-standing challenges faced by retailers of every size and specialty.
Retail stores are extremely susceptible to theft. In fact, studies show that the average retail business with $1M+ in revenue is losing more than $50K per year.
Business loss comes from a variety of sources, including:
- Employee theft (47%)
- Shoplifting (32%)
- Administrative error (14%)
- Vendor fraud (4%)
Source: National Retail Federation
With our Retail Security Systems, you can:
- Prevent Loss Deter shop-lifting, prevent employee theft, reduce inventory shrinkage
- Improve Profitability Detect cashier-related shrink, detect fraudulent transactions (discounts, cash refunds, coupons, zero-sales, returns, and more)
- Enhance Customer Experience Monitor employee/customer interactions, improve facility service levels, monitor stock-outs, blocked aisles, and long queues
- Optimize Store Performance Improve staff planning, increase employee productivity, analyze customer behavior and traffic flow, optimize store layout
- Increase Conversion Rates Evaluate and improve effectiveness of in-store advertising and other marketing activities, analyze store conversion rates
- Mitigate Facility Risk Reduce likelihood and cost of defending fraudulent "slip and fall" claims and other lawsuits
Additionally, our Retail Security Systems enable you to:
- Manage from ANYWHERE Remotely monitor your store(s) via the Internet, manage multiple stores from a centralized location
- Improve Management Efficiencies Reduce time spent investigating suspect incidents, produce detailed exception reporting, linked to video evidence
- Improve Operational Consistency Monitor and maintain system-wide operational standards
S2M Solutions Retail Security Systems are ideal for:
- Convenience stores
- Gas stations
- Apparel retailers
- Specialty stores
- Grocery stores
- High-risk stores
- Full service and quick-serve restaurants
Important Tips & Considerations
System Configuration – When setting up a video security system for your retail store, there are several key considerations:
- Position cameras at all entrances and exits (preferably at eye level or above) in order to get a clear identity of each person who enters your store.
- Place surveillance cameras in stock rooms and storage areas to prevent employee theft and track your merchandise.
- Focus additional cameras (consider hidden cameras) on areas where valuable merchandise (jewelry, electronics, pharmaceuticals) is stored or shelved.
- Always consider using a networkable video recorder (NVR) to manage your security footage. NVRs record and store video locally, and enable you to broadcast your security footage via the Internet – allowing you to monitor your retail store(s) from anywhere, at any time.
- Outdoor cameras in your parking lot can help reduce theft of customer cars, shopping carts, and help to reduce store liability in the event of accident.
Privacy Protection – Always install your security cameras in public areas, such as the sales floor, the customer service desk, or warehouse/inventory rooms. Avoiding areas such as bathrooms and employee break rooms will maintain the privacy for your employees and customers.
Disruptions – Power surges or outages can lead to damage or disruptions in your video surveillance footage. While these risks are not common, you should consider having an alternate power supply and/or security system in place should this occur in your store.
Theft and Vandalism – Cameras and recorders are often a target for thieves looking to disguise or protect their identities. Always keep your recording solution in a safe & locked location, and supplement your security system with covert cameras to capture video evidence should your traditional cameras be disabled.